2 Days / 1 Night Ephesus and Cappadocia Tour from Istanbul by Plane
Day 1: Flight to Izmir, Full Day Ephesus Tour, Flight to Kayseri with overnight stay in Cappadocia
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Ataturk Domestic airport.
05:00 Arrival at Ataturk Domestic airport for flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:55 Arrival at Izmir airport. Upon arrival, you will be picked up at the Izmir airport and transferred to Selcuk. In Selcuk, you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your Ephesus full day tour
On the tour you will be able to visit as below:
Ephesus antique site: Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Temple of Artemis: The temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. It has been built in the areas of Ephesus on a flat area which has over the centuries turned into a swamp.
House of Virgin Mary: Virgin Mary House, It is the place where Mary may have spent her last days. Indeed, she may have come in the area together with Saint John.
Isabey Mosque: Isa Bey Mosque is one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, situated below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was built by the master Syrian architecture Ali son of Mushimish al -Damishki, between the years of 1374 and 1375.
Sirince Village: which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops.
After the tour, you are transferred to Izmir airport for your flight to Kayseri through Istanbul. Upon your arrival at the Kayseri airport, a representative will be present holding your name sign to pick you up and transfer you to your hotel. Overnight in Cappadocia. (B, L)
Day 2: Full Day Cappadocia Tour, Flight to Istanbul, End of Services
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 175.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
After breakfast around 9:30 am you will be picked up from your hotel to join the full day tour of Cappadocia.
On the tour you will be able to visit as below:
Devrent Valley: Devrent is situated on the northern slopes of Aktepe, 1km from Pasabaglari (Monks’ Valley) and 5 km from Avanos. The ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems.
Avanos: A center of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC, it is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop, which is possibly set deep into the hillsides. The clay, which comes from the Red River passing through the town, gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue your tour to:
Goreme Open Air Museum: Goreme was an important Christian centre in the early years of the Middle Ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th centuries. Despite the vast numer of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Goreme, there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason, these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
Uchisar: Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadocia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the center of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with the view of whole Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
Kaymakli: Kaymakli underground city is one of the largest and deepest of the 40 others in Cappadocia. It has eight floors, although not all are open to the public.
At the end of the tour around approximately 5:00 pm, you will be transferred to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 9:00 pm (1-hour flight duration) to Istanbul. Upon arrival, you will be picked up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS. ((B, L)
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• Pick up and drop off to your hotel (on the European side of Istanbul only) & Istanbul cruise port
• Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary
• 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch)
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• Hot Air Balloon Ride
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Airport pick up and drop off services will be provided in a shared vehicle with other tourists. Private transfer service will be at an additional cost. Please let us know if you require a Additional Info: private transfer service.
• Your return to Istanbul can be in the late evening and can be estimated between 8 – 10 pm. We will confirm this time based on the tickets bought after payment has been received. Please do not plan international flights at the end of this day as we can not guarantee the exact or approximate return time for either the Ataturk or Sabiha Gokcen airports at this time. We recommend that you book your tour as soon as possible.