4 Days Turkey Tour from Istanbul: Cappadocia, Pamukkale and Ephesus
(Tour starts from Istanbul and ends in Kusadasi or Izmir)
Day 1: Flight to Kayseri/Nevsehir, Full Day North Cappadocia Tour
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to Ataturk airport. *
05:00 Arrival at Ataturk airport for flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir *
07:00 Flight from Istanbul to Kayseri or Nevsehir
07:55 Arrival at Kayseri or Nevsehir airport. Upon arrival, you will be picked up at the airport and transferred to Cappadocia. In Cappadocia you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your full day tour of North Cappadocia.
Your tour will start with a visit to the Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy chimneys. Next, you will visit the Pasabag Monk’s Valley to see the mushroom-shaped pinnacles. After this visit, you will drive to the city of Avanos. After lunch, you will visit the beautiful open-air museum of Goreme where the remains of rock-cut churches and Christian settlements date back hundreds of years. Finally towards the end of the day tour before returning to your hotel, you will be able to visit the natural castles of Uchisar. After the tour, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia for check-in. Overnight in Cappadocia. (L)
* Note: Some flights can also be from the Sabiha Gokcen airport to Kayseri. If your flight is from Sabiha Gokcen airport, pick up from hotel time and flight time can change from above mentioned times. We will confirm exact times with your tour confirmation email.
Day 2: Full Day South Cappadocia Tour, Overnight Bus to Pamukkale
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 290.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
Please note that unless you pay for the balloon ride you will not have access to the hot air balloon area which means that only if you have paid to join the hot air balloon ride you will be picked up from your hotel in the morning to go to the hot air balloon ride by the hot air balloon company. If not paid to join the hot air balloon ride, there will be no access to the area or shuttle service to take you to the hot air balloon area to take photos.
You may add an optional Hot Air Balloon Ride over picturesque Cappadocia to your tour at an extra cost of USD 140.00. With an early morning pick up around 5:00 am from your hotel you can join an early morning Hot Air Balloon ride for approximately 60 minutes. If interested, please request at the time of booking your tour with us and we can make all necessary arrangements on your behalf!
After breakfast at the hotel around 09:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of South Cappadocia. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. Your tour will begin with a visit to the Red Valley where you will be able to explore the famous rock-cut churches and hike approximately 5 km through the Güllüdere (Rose) Valley. Next you will visit Çavusin village which is famous for its houses and churches of the Christian Clergymen. We will take a break for lunch around noon. After lunch you will drive to the Pigeon Valley. In the afternoon you will visit the Kaymakli underground city where early Christians lived. This will be the end of your full day tour. After the tour you will travel overnight to Pamukkale in a non-smoking, fully air-conditioned local bus departing the bus station approximately 9:00 pm. The total duration of travel will be 10 hours. There will be three breaks on the way to Pamukkale for your personal needs. (B, L)
Day 3: Full Day Pamukkale & Hierapolis Tour, Kusadasi
Upon your arrival at the Pamukkale / Denizli main bus station between 05:30 – 06:00, you will be picked up and transferred to your hotel to freshen up. You will have time to have breakfast and a short rest. Around 09:30 you will be picked up from the hotel to begin your guided tour of the Pamukkale and Hierapolis area with a profession licensed tour guide. Around 10:00 you will visit the first destination of Karahayit to see the Red Spring Waters. After Karahayit we will drive to Pamukkale and begin the visit to the ancient city of Hierapolis around 10:30. The highlights of Hierapolis are Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater and Antique Pool. You will also be able to take some photos from the nicest corners of Pamukkale. Around 12:30 you will be given some free time for approximately 60 minutes to explore the natural beauties of Pamukkale. As an option, you may choose to swim in the Pamukkale Antique Pools (at own expense) during this free time. At 13:30 you will meet the guide and will get a chance to walk in the middle of the Pamukkale travertines from top to down without shoes and socks. At 14:30 you will be taken for lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch at approximately 15:30 you will visit an Onyx Factory for approximately 30 minutes. At the end of the tour around approximately 16:00, you will begin your drive back to Kusadasi (approximately 3 hours). We will drop you to your hotel in Kusadasi for dinner and for your overnight stay in Kusadasi. (B, L, D)
Day 4: Full Day Ephesus Tour
After breakfast at the hotel around 08:30 you will be picked up and met by your tour guide to begin your full day tour of Ephesus. Your tour guide will brief you on the day’s activities. You will first visit the Temple of Artemis which was once one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world. Next, you will visit the world famous ancient Greco- Roman City of Ephesus, the most well-preserved example in the world. After visiting this impressive site, you will have a break for lunch. After lunch, you will visit the House of Virgin Mary, where it is believed she spent her last days. This is a holy place for both Christians and Muslims. Afterwards, you will visit the Isabey Mosque. Next, you will be taken to the Sirince Village; which is an old Greek village and is well-know for its quaint beauty and wine tasting and production. Here you will have one hour free to explore on your own without a guide the different foods and wines of the area and visit various small traditional village shops.
There are two available options at the end of the Ephesus tour.
Option 1: You can end your tour in Kusadasi. This will be the end of our service.
Option 2: You can choose to be transferred to Izmir Airport to take a domestic or International flight or be transferred to the Kusadasi or Izmir main bus station to take a bus to another destination e.g. Bodrum, Marmaris, Antalya, Fethiye and Istanbul. The cost of the domestic flight ticket or bus ticket for your onward journey is not included. If you want we can arrange a domestic flight or bus ticket for you at an extra cost for your chosen next destination within Turkey. This will be the end of our tour service.. (B, L)
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
• All transfers mentioned in the itinerary
• Domestic flight ticket as per the itinerary
• Overnight intercity coach ticket (Cappadocia to Pamukkale)
• 1 night in Cappadocia at a cave hotel including breakfast
• 1 night in Kusadasi at a 4 star hotel including breakfast and dinner
• Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tours
• Meals as mentioned in the itinerary: (B) breakfast, (L) lunch, (D) dinner
• Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
• Car park, Gasoline, Highway & Bridge Fees
• Local taxes and service charges
• End of the Tour in Ephesus on Day 4, bus and/or flight tickets are not included
• Hot Air Balloon Ride in Cappadocia
• Tips to staff, items of a personal nature
• Drinks with meals (except the drinks served with breakfast)
• This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
• The regular group tour has shopping stops included in the tour
• Vegetarian lunch option available upon request
• On Day 4 the tour finishes at approximately 4:00 pm. You have the option to be dropped off directly to the Izmir airport, Izmir bus station or in Kusadasi / Selcuk area. This will be the end of our tour service.
• You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fees to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. as Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
Optional add-on tours at an additional charge:
Highly Recommended in Cappadocia:
- Hot-air Balloon Ride: Join the hot-air balloon ride at a cost of USD 290.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Whirling Dervish Show: Enjoy the whirling dervish show at a cost of USD 70.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.
- Traditional Turkish Night Show with Dinner: Join the traditional Turkish night show with dinner at a cost of USD 80.00 per person. To obtain details and book this add-on tour click Book Now.