Ephesus and The House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Istanbul
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to the airport.
05:00 Arrive at the Ataturk airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Fly From Istanbul to Izmir
08:00 Upon your arrival at Izmir Airport you will be met by our driver and transferred to Ephesus to join the daily Ephesus Full Day Tour.
On the tour you will be able to see:
Ephesus antique site: Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Temple of Artemis: The temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. It has been built in the areas of Ephesus on a flat area which has over the centuries turned into a swamp.
House of Virgin Mary: Virgin Mary House, It is the place where Mary may have spent her last days. Indeed, she may have come in the area together with Saint John.
Isabey Mosque: Isa Bey Mosque is one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, situated below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was built by the master Syrian architecture Ali son of Mushimish al -Damishki, between the years of 1374 and 1375.
Sirince Village; which was the Greek village and well know with its beauty and the 2012 that most famouse people were there.
At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 10:00 pm (1-hour flight duration) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Please note that your return flight from Izmir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on availability of flights on ticket purchase date.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul Hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir and from Izmir to Istanbul only
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 7:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.