A long day trip from Istanbul, Bursa is a city that dates back to at least 200 BC. Once part of the Roman Empire, Bursa was the first major capital of the Ottoman Empire back in the 14th century. Today, it is Turkey’s 4th largest city and the center of the Turkish automotive industry, but links to its glorious past still abound, including burial sites of the empire’s two founding sultans. Ulu Cami (Great Mosque), built in the late 14th century, is considered one of the city’s top sights and a prime example of Ottoman architecture. Bursa is known as a green city because of its lovely parks. Visitors in need of a Turkish towel can shop to their heart’s content at Kapalı Çarşı, just one of Bursa’s popular bazaars.
- Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul on
- 2-Day Ephesus Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul by Bus on
- 5 Days Turkey Tour from Kusadasi: Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia (Tour will start in Kusadasi and will end in Istanbul) on
- 10 Days Istanbul, Cappadocia and Antalya Tour on
- Pamukkale Tour from Kusadasi, Selcuk or Sirince with Daily Departures on