Gallipoli is famous as one of the biggest disasters for the Allies in World War I. The battle at the Dardanelles lasted from April to December 1915, and ended with the defeat of the Allies by the Turks. The Gallipoli Peninsula offers many opportunities to learn more about this battle, including the Anzac Walk that covers 14 important sites on the Anzac battlefield. Another 22 sites on the peninsula offer a better understanding of this important land and sea battle. One such site is the Battle of Çanakkale’ that led to the founding of the Republic of Turkey a few years later. Thirty-one cemeteries where the fallen of both sides are buried offer another opportunity for visitors to reflect on the sacrifices made by that long ago generation.
- Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul on
- 2-Day Ephesus Pamukkale Tour from Istanbul by Bus on
- 5 Days Turkey Tour from Kusadasi: Ephesus, Pamukkale and Cappadocia (Tour will start in Kusadasi and will end in Istanbul) on
- 10 Days Istanbul, Cappadocia and Antalya Tour on
- Pamukkale Tour from Kusadasi, Selcuk or Sirince with Daily Departures on