No products in the cart.
Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul
If you are in Istanbul and would like to visit Ephesus we can arrange an Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul with direct flights to Izmir from Istanbul during the day at discounted prices.
Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul
Highlights: Ephesus – Theatre of Ephesus – Library of Celsus – Gymnasium of Ephesus – Temple of Hadrian – Sirince Village – House of Virgin Mary.
04:30 You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to the airport
05:00 Arrive at the Istanbul airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 Fly From Istanbul to Izmir
08:00 Upon your arrival at Izmir Airport you will be met by our driver and transferred to Ephesus to join the daily Ephesus Full Day Tour
On the tour you will be able to see the following sites:
Ephesus antique site: Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan and the Great Theater. The Theater had seating for 25,000, was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians, and is used today for a local spring festival.
Temple of Artemis: The temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. It has been built in the areas of Ephesus on a flat area which has over the centuries turned into a swamp.
House of Virgin Mary: House of Virgin Mary, one of the most sacred places for Christianity, is located near Ephesus. Some believe the Virgin Mary had spent her last days in the vicinity of Ephesus.
Isabey Mosque: Isa Bey Mosque is one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, situated below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was built by the master Syrian architecture Ali son of Mushimish al -Damishki, between the years of 1374 and 1375.
Sirince Village: which was a Greek village and well know with its beauty and 2012 that most famouse people were there. At the end of the tour around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Izmir airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 10:00 pm (1-hour flight duration) to Istanbul. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
- Please note that your return flight from Izmir to Istanbul will arrive at either the New Airport in Istanbul or at the Sabiha Gökçen Airport depending on the availability of flights on the ticket purchase date.
- If you have a preference to return to a specific airport in Istanbul i.e. Sabiha Gokcen or Istanbul New Airport, you must request your choice of the airport in Istanbul by email prior to your tour booking. Any changes requested once your booking is confirmed will incur an additional cost.
- Upon arrival at Istanbul airport, you will have to arrange your own pick-up service from Istanbul airport to your hotel in Istanbul. This transfer is not included as part of your package tour services with us. Our service ends upon your flight arrival at Istanbul Airport.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up from Istanbul hotel and transfer to Istanbul Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir and from Izmir to Istanbul only
- Professional licensed English speaking guide during the tour
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary
- Local taxes and service charges
- Drop off transportation service from Istanbul New Airport OR Sabiha Gökçen Airport to Istanbul Hotel upon returning to Istanbul
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 7:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Istanbul local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.