The Sema (whirling dervishes) ceremony represents the mystical journey of man’s spiritual ascent through love and his search for truth and perfection. It is believed that once man has returned from his spiritual journey, he can love and be of service to all creatures surrounding him. Tonight, you have the opportunity to experience an authentic Cappadocian ceremony and witness an ancient Turkish ritual.
You will be collected from your accommodation in the Avanos, Goreme or Urgup area at approximately 21:00 and transported by luxury air-conditioned transport to the caravanserais, (caravan places). These abodes were built when trade across Turkey in medieval Seljuk times was dependent on camel trains. The buildings provided accommodation for the merchants and stabling for their animals. Today these ancient structures are the site of The Sema.
The ceremony lasts for one hour and after the performance, you will be transported back to your accommodation.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up transfer from your accommodation in Avanos, Goreme or Urgup area
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned coach
- A religious drink called Serbet
- Local taxes and service charges
- Food and drinks
WHEN TO BOOK?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
- You can book up to 2 days before (Cappadocia local time) if there are still places available. If less than 2 days before start of your requested tour date, please contact us by email or phone as it would be a last-minute booking that will need to be checked for availability before your tour reservation is confirmed.