Day Trip to Bursa from Istanbul
You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul early in the morning and transferred to the ferry port. You will then board a ferry and cross the Marmara Sea to Yalova. After an hour-long cruise, you will arrive in Yalova and drive to Bursa, the former Ottoman Capital and “Green Bursa” city.
During the tour, you will have the opportunity to visit the following sites:
- Uludag Mountain (Mt. Olympos): This mountain can be hiked or enjoyed for its fresh, cool air in the summer, and is also a popular spot for skiing in the winter.
- Green Tomb: A beautiful example of Ottoman tomb architecture and the mausoleum of the fifth Ottoman Sultan, Mehmed I. The exterior is covered in turquoise tiles.
- Green Mosque: Built in 1424 by Sultan Mehmet I and named for the green blue tiles of its interior.
- Silk Market (Koza Han): Built in 1491 by Sultan Bayezit II, this market was used as both a caravanserai and a silk market. It remains a center of the silk industry and trade, with an inner courtyard surrounded by two stories of shops.
- Grand Mosque (Ulu Cami): Built in 1400 by Sultan Yildirim Bayezit, this mosque is an excellent example of classical Ottoman architecture. It has 20 equal-sized domes supported by 30 pillars, but no central dome.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to Istanbul and dropped off at your hotel. End of tour and services.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Pick up and drop off at any downtown Istanbul location (on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Tours and activities as indicated in the itinerary
- Transport by air-conditioned Vehicles
- English-speaking guide during the tour
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes and service charges
- ATV Safari.
- Skiing transportation and equipment.
- Any optional tours.
- Food and drinks, unless specified.
- Personal expenses.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- Pick-up and drop-off services are only provided from city center hotels including the Old City and Taksim and Beyoglu hotels.
- Pick up service from outside the city center will be at an additional cost that we will communicate once you give us your exact pick-up location.