Ephesus Day Trip from Istanbul by Plane
04:00 am: You will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to the airport
05:00 am: Arrive at the Istanbul airport for your flight from Istanbul to Izmir
07:00 am: Fly from Istanbul to Izmir
08:00 am: Upon your arrival at Izmir Airport, you will be met by our driver and transferred to Ephesus to join the daily Ephesus Tour.
On the tour, you will visit the following sites:
Ephesus antique site: Enter through the Magnesia Gate and begin a slow, downhill walk with your guide into the ruins of this Roman provincial capital. Your route takes you past the Odeum, the Celsus Library, the Temple of Hadrian, the Fountain of Trajan, and the Great Theater. The theater had seating for 25,000 and was the site where St. Paul preached to the Ephesians. It is still used today for a local spring festival.
Temple of Artemis: The Temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. It was built in the Ephesus area on a flat area that has, over the centuries, turned into a swamp.
House of Virgin Mary: The House of Virgin Mary, one of the most sacred places for Christianity, is located near Ephesus. Some believe the Virgin Mary spent her last days in the vicinity of Ephesus.
Isabey Mosque: The Isa Bey Mosque is one of the most delicate examples of Seljukian architecture, situated below the basilica of Saint John. The mosque was built by the master Syrian architect Ali son of Mushimish al-Damishki between 1374 and 1375.
Sirince Village: A Greek village known for its beauty, Sirince is famous for the 2012 visit by many notable people.
At the end of the tour, around approximately 4:00 pm, you will be transferred to Izmir Airport for your late evening return flight around 7:00 – 10:00 pm (1-hour flight duration) to Istanbul. Upon arriving at Istanbul airport, you will be welcomed by a representative from our company and transferred to your hotel. This will be the end of our services and tours.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel in Istanbul and Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only).
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Izmir and from Izmir to Istanbul only.
- English-speaking guide during the tour.
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary.
- Local taxes and service charges.
- Gratuities (recommended).
- Drinks during Lunch (if preferred).
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour.
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 7:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.