Day Trip from Istanbul to Pamukkale
4:00 am: Pick-up from your hotel in Istanbul and transfer to Istanbul airport.
5:30 am: Arrival at Istanbul airport for flight to Denizli.
7:00 am: Flight from Istanbul to Denizli.
8:30 am: Arrival at Denizli airport and transfer to Pamukkale.
10:30 am: Begin a guided tour of the ancient city of Hierapolis, including the Necropolis, Roman Baths, Domitian Gate, Latrina, Oil Factory, Frontinious Street, Agora, Byzantium Gate, Triton Fountain, Cathedral, Apollon Temple, Plutonium, Theater, and Antique Pool. Take photos of the beautiful surroundings.
12:00 pm: Visit Karahayit and see the Red Spring Waters, a series of hot springs with red-hued waters due to the high iron content.
12:30 pm: Free time to explore the natural beauty of Pamukkale, including the Cotton Castle, also known as the Pamukkale Antique Pool. The Cotton Castle is a large pool filled with the same thermal waters that flow down the Cotton Cliffs. The warm, therapeutic waters are said to have healing properties, and you may choose to swim in the pool at your own expense.
1:30 pm: You will meet the guide and take a walk through the Pamukkale travertines, a series of white terraces formed by calcium-rich thermal waters cascading down the hillside. Walk barefoot through the terraces to experience the unique sensation.
2:00 pm: Lunch at a local Turkish restaurant.
3:00 pm: Visit an Onyx Factory, where you can see the process of creating onyx products and possibly purchase some as souvenirs.
4:00 pm: At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to the Denizli or Izmir airport for a late evening flight back to Istanbul (between 7:00-10:00 pm). Upon arriving at Istanbul airport, you will be welcomed by a representative from our company and transferred to your hotel. END OF OUR SERVICE and TOURS.
INCLUDED in the Tour Price:
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel in Istanbul and Airport (on the European side of Istanbul only).
- Domestic flight tickets from Istanbul to Denizli and from Denizli or Izmir to Istanbul only.
- English-speaking tour guide during the tours.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach.
- Lunch (Vegetarian lunch option available upon request).
- Entrance fees mentioned by the itinerary.
- Local taxes and service charges.
- Optional tours mentioned in the program, they will be provided at an additional cost.
- Services not mentioned in the program.
- Drinks with meals.
- Travel insurance (recommended).
- The order of the itinerary is indicative and subject to change, but all visits described will take place.
- This is a regular group tour, but if requested at cost can be provided as a private tour.
- The regular group tour has a shopping stop included in the tour.
- You can swim in the Antique pool in Pamukkale. However, please note that there is an extra charge that you will have to pay directly at your own expense before entry to the pools. This entrance fee to the pools is not covered as part of your tour. Please note that you must bring your own towel, swimsuit etc. if you need to use the pools.
- The normal arrival time in Istanbul is between 8:00 – 10:00 pm. If you are planning on reserving your plane back home that same day, we recommend you book a plane ticket from 12:30 am onwards, to avoid missing your flight.
There are no reviews yet.